Labels

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

A U-Turn

This week I have taken a u-turn I did not want to take---back to possibility of cancer! "It shouldn't be cancer," my doctor said on Thursday, "but we need to know, so I am scheduling you for a diagnostic mammogram and ultra-sound." Today after a two-hour mammo and ultra sound, and getting to look at the pictures myself, there is truly "something" there and the ultra sound ruled out that it might be a cyst; so--- tomorrow I am having a special kind of stereo-tactic biopsy.

The technician showed me the biopsy and there is something very real there; I overheard her and the doctor talking and saying, "We can't ignore this." It didn't show on the ultrasound, so they were able to rule out a cyst. This is a U-turn I had hoped to avoid.

Remember that if in this life only we have faith in Jesus Christ, we are of all men most miserable. I do not feel like I am going to die. I feel like the spirit that I pray daily to have, led me to find this lump and my doctor to pay attention and do something right now. Maybe finding it quickly is going to make a big difference if it is cancer, and besides, if it is anything suspicious and my insurance will cover it, it will be nice to no longer be lop-sided!!!!

If it isn't cancer, then I've had these tests and my mind should be at ease. I thank God for His intervention in my life in so many ways. I know now that my talk on Sunday was not just for the congregation, but it was for me!

3 comments:

  1. Hello. I am of the Tolman line, from the Wilbur line, and a sister sent me here to find info for Mamma. I enjoy reading your posts. Are you still there, posting?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am now---many years later. See my new post on Melvin Wilbur's Book of Mormon

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete