Labels

Saturday, March 12, 2016

A New Beginning With Blogging!

March 12, 2016

Wow!  I just found this old, old blog I started about 6 years ago!  Just never kept up with it!  Here I am only two days less than 5 years since my first cancer diagnosis.  I had my left breast removed in 2011 and my right one in 2012 and I am doing GREAT!  Sadly, those who were going through chemo at the same time and in the same office as I was, did not have the good fortune that I had and are gone on to the other side.  It makes me feel especially humble and determined to do all I need to do to make my time here on earth account for something.

I have literally devoted my life to preserving my family history. I absolutely love familysearch.org and use it on an almost daily basis.  When I am not researching, or adding stories, photos, or documents, I am searching for ancestors who need temple work completed and teaching others to do all of the above.  I love my calling as a family history consultant and take it very seriously.We have great support from our ward leaders!  I serve one shift a week at the family history center and have been busy lately training new consultants who have proven to be very proficient and diligent.

We are planning a Technology Fair in our ward next week and it is humbling to see how enthusiastic the organizational heads are in their assignments.  It looks like it will be a great experience.

So what is going on in our lives?  Wow, where to start....John has covered the last few years so well in his journal that I think I will just start with today and not try to go backwards.

One thing that has been weighing heavily on my mind is that I need to post George's Book that I wrote a couple years ago about the experiences of having a son with Spina Bifida.  It is very personal and for that reason I hesitate.  How personal should a person get on social media?  Is there someone I need to help by making his story public as well as personal?  I think the first step I need to take is get the permission of my family who are mentioned in his story.  If they aren't comfortable with it, then I better not do it.  That will be my answer.

Life is wonderful!  We have been given the great gift of healing from life-threatening illnesses and we are anxious for the future and so happy to have each other to share this time of our lives.  We have a third family member now, Max, the 5-year old Black lab that my son, Billy, left with us when he was deployed with his family to Germany earlier this year.  John and Max are the best of buddies and it is so neat to see how much joy John has found in this dog.  After Shaddy had to be put down, we weren't sure we wanted another dog, but Max has let us know we do!  He lives for his walks with John!

Although much tragedy is going on in the world, and in the United States, and the political climate is explosive, we have peace in our hearts and a love of Jesus Christ that sustains us in our personal and family trials.

No comments:

Post a Comment