Labels

Monday, July 12, 2010

Henry's Lake

We have parked our trailer at Valley View Trailer Park in Island Park -- about 2 miles from each of John's favorite fishing spots -- The State Boat Park at Henry's Lake and the County Boat Dock at Henry's Lake. We stay here most of the week -- going home for Church on Saturday night and Sunday and again for John's Scouts and Cheryl's Family History Center shift both on Tuesday nights. We also go home for other family activities as they arrise; otherwise, it is Island Park for us this year. John has had some really incredible fishing. I have been able to work on my writing, do some reading, and crafts. We have also taken some four-wheeler rides around here and that has been beautiful and fun. We took off a week to go Utah for Shandra's wedding and to spend time with Suzanne's family, Jamie's family and Doug's family. John also received his Wood Badge beads during that time. It was a great experience. We visited our mission on the mountain and were able to visit many of the missionaries we served with last year. About half of this year's missionaries returned from last year. We made some very dear friends during our mission. While in Utah, John purchased a GPS fish-finder and he has been all this time getting ready to try it out. We had planned to do that tonight, but the wind is super strong, so not a good night for boating around the lake. Last night John told me that he is so amazed that he is no longer having trouble sleeping and that his stress level has decreased so much. I have done everything I can to keep stress low for him....even hired the lawn mowed and watered so he doesn't have to worry about it when we go home. It makes a big difference in his sugar levels to have the stress down. Just being able to relax and fish whenever he wants and to be outdoors without pressures of being home and having so many chores to complete has been the best gift I could have given him. I am so glad that we rented this trailer spot and have this time for John to enjoy his favorite hobby in the world. I love him so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment