Labels

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Amazing Grandchildren!!!

Friday night while John went on a scout outing with the 11-year old scouts from our ward, I held a "Granny and the Gals Sleepover" party for Joyanne (8) and Marissa (5). We had SO much fun!!! I found some Betsy McCall paperdolls online (like I used to play with when I was a little girl) and printed them onto cardstock for the girls to play with. They had a fun time with them and even put on a play for me to watch!!! We painted their fingernails, made individual pizzas, breadsticks and cinnamon twists; they had a bubble bath in their swimsuits; we read stories about me when I was little and some from the Friend Magazine. We made mini banana splits, then the girls watched a DVD and fell asleep after about ten minutes. On Saturday morning, we read scriptures, more stories, made marshmallow krispy treats to take home and had waffles, eggs and hot chocolate with unlimited marshmallows in it!! (My marshmallow rule with my grandchildren is "there is no limit to the number of marshmallows you can have in your hot chocolate -- until they run out!") By this time, Grandpa was home and the girls packed up their belongings, we went shopping for shoes, stopped at McDonalds to play on the toys and eat a couple bites of chicken nuggett!! Then we took them home. It was a fun, fun time. Now we are planning a Grandpa and Granny Night with the Little Guys; then later, we'll take the Bigger Guys Camping. Fun times! I love grandchildren!

Yesterday Ronda and Amber arrived from Hawaii. Ronda and her mother, Linda Bidwell, came to the Family History Center where I was working to bring Amber in to see me!!!! Five months ago, she was crawling....now she is a little girl....walking like nobody's business. She came right to me! That was special!!!! Then I got a couple of Amber's neat bear hugs and kisses. She took me over to a couch where we sat down and she took off her shoes and socks. Ronda said that in Hawaii everyone removes shoes when they go inside...and Amber was just following protocol, plus she does not like to wear shoes. She is so precious! It is amazing that she came right to me when its so long between our visits.

Macall has now graduated from her Dental Assistance college and she is doing her internship here in St. Anthony. She is coming over for lunch and to visit! Her wedding is July 31, so it will be nice to have some one-on-one time with her before she's off on her own!

Georgia and Breelynn talked with me on the phone a couple days ago from Las Vegas. They are so excited about a wonderful picture they sent me for Mother's Day of them walking among the piers on the beach when they went to California. It is an awesome picture--a work of art, indeed. I had just mailed them some paper dolls so told them to watch their mail box.

Lexie called from Canada last week to let me know some wonderful news....the new baby coming to their home is going to be a boy!!! We talked about how special it is to be the big sister to brothers and how much she has enjoyed teaching Michael so many things. She will make a terrific big sister to her new little brother also! The baby is due the end of August.

I got a call from Greg wanting to bring his boys, Josh and Kollin, and his daughter, Kellie to visit in July. Of course I am thrilled to have them come!!! Greg wants to try out our four-wheelers at the Sand Dunes!

No comments:

Post a Comment